Lessons from the Field: Virginia’s State Accessibility Taskforce
3:00pm - 4:15pm ET
Virginia’s cross-system Accessibility Taskforce designs and implements innovative practices to improve accessibility within the workforce development system for all job seekers, including people who have disabilities, people who are underserved, and people with other challenges to employment. Virginia created the Taskforce in 2016 as part of the State’s Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Combined State Plan. In this webinar, attendees will learn how the Accessibility Taskforce works across systems to promote equal opportunity policies, procedures, and practices by workforce staff and partners, including:
- History, development, and implementation of the Taskforce.
- Collaborative training to promote cross-systems approaches that support job seekers, American Job Center (AJC) staff, and partners.
- Examples of how these strategies use compliance with WIOA Section 188 to increase access to services for job seekers.
- Examples of policies and procedures that improve equal opportunity in the certification of AJCs.
- Innovative practices to improve programmatic, physical, and communication accessibility.
Speakers include Constance Green, WIOA Adult & Dislocated Worker Programs State Coordinator for Virginia’s Community Colleges, and Brian Ingram, Subject-Matter Expert on Section 188 and Equal Access, LEAD WIOA Policy Development Center.