Accessibility: AJC Certification
In This Section:
- AJC Certification
- Assistive Technology
- WIOA Section 188 Disability Reference Guide
Questions (to answer individually or as a team)
Do all WIOA Core partners and other programs that use, refer to, and access AJCs in your state/local region understand their role and responsibilities in implementing Section 188’s equal opportunity and non-discrimination regulations?
Do all WIOA Core partners know how to implement Section 188 in conjunction with the Americans with Disabilities Act, embedding it in policies and procedures, including reasonable accommodations and assistive technology?
Do all WIOA Core partners collaborate with Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) and other disability partners (i.e., Commissions for the Blind, Programs for Deaf, etc.) to support AJC Certification surveying and continuous improvement?
Are there WIOA cross-title and cross-partner collaborations that focus on accessibility using Section 188 as the framework?
Actions (to take individually or as a team)
Learn about existing state/local level cross-partner workgroups on equal opportunity and/or accessibility, if WIOA leadership participates or leads, and if there is a focus on the inclusion of people with disabilities.
Do all WIOA Core partners collaborate with Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) and other disability partners (i.e., Centers for Independent Living, Commissions for the Blind, Programs for Deaf, etc.) to support AJC Certification and continuous improvement?
Research national resources and promising practices that may be replicated in your region and organizations that may offer training on the responsibilities of all partners in ensuring accessibility and equal opportunity.
Explore how your region handles the AJC Certification process and if VR and/or any other disability partners serve as subject matter experts on Assistive Technology (AT), accommodations and more, to better ensure that accessibility is reflected in policie
- Playlist 1: Guidance for WIOA Programs, Service Providers, and Practitioners Working with Individuals with Disabilities
- Playlist 2: Including Individuals with Disabilities in Outreach and Recruitment
- Playlist 3: Disability Etiquette—Effective Communication with Individuals with Disabilities
- Playlist 4: Physical Access for Individuals with Disabilities
- Playlist 5: Technology Access for Individuals with Disabilities
- Playlist 6: Employer Engagement Strategies to Recruit and Retain Individuals with Disabilities
- Playlist 7: Individuals with Disabilities—Partnerships to Support Education, Training, and Employment
- Playlist 8: Legislation Relevant to Individuals with Disabilities
- Job Accommodation Network (JAN)
- Career Pathways Customer Flow
- State Assistive Technology (AT) Programs
- The Alliance for Quality Career Pathways (AQCP) Framework Version 1.0
- Partnership on Employment & Accessible Technology