LEAD People: Sharyn Hancock
LEAD Center is pleased to highlight the work of Sharyn Hancock, Disability Resource Coordinator at Workforce Essentials in Clarksville, Tennessee. She coordinates resources for individuals with disabilities, supports her workforce system colleagues, and provides services and employment supports. She also supports the Social Security Administration (SSA) Work Incentive benefits planning and career coaching, both of which provides people with disabilities and others with the confidence to return to work or get their first job.
With 20 plus years of hands-on expertise in workforce development, program management, supervising, recruiting, career development, and career coaching, Hancock ensures strong support of job seekers, veterans, employees, employers, and youth. She is customer-focused, recognized for strategic alignment of organizational objectives with programs and for supporting team-building skills.
In addition, Hancock has:
- served as a Member of the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Federal Advisory Committee on Increasing Competitive Integrated Employment for Individuals with Disabilities;
- was the Market Lead for Pepsi Achieving Change Together (ACT), a cutting-edge initiative on the creation of systems for successful recruiting, hiring, training and supporting employees with disabilities;
- was awarded a 2015 Community Conversation grant to support community meetings aimed at expanding local employment opportunities for people with disabilities;
- acted as a Subject Matter Expert on the “Ticket to Work” Program for Office of Disability Employment Policy’s (ODEP’s) Employment First State Leadership Mentoring Program (EFSLMP);
- piloted Guided Group Discovery on behalf of the Office of Disability Employment Policy and LEAD Center;
- contracted with Vocational Rehabilitation as an American Job Center to provide Pre-Employment Transition Services for youth with disabilities; and
- initiated the Guided Group Discovery pilot for Military Veterans, which is being piloted for the first time in Tennessee through the Clarksville American Job Center System.
It is apparent to anyone who meets Sharyn Hancock that she is passionate about the world of work and completely immerses herself within it.