LEAD Center Presents at EFSLMP Conference
On March 2, 2017, LEAD Center Public Policy Co-Chair, Michael Morris, presented and moderated a panel on “Scaling Up for Lasting Change” at the Office of Disability Employment Policy’s Employment First State Leadership Mentoring Program Conference in Washington, D.C. at the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). During the presentation, Mr. Morris and his co-presenters, David Jones, Workforce Analyst for US DOL’s Employment and Training Administration, and Carol Beatty, Secretary of the Maryland Department of Disabilities, discussed the current state of WIOA State plan implementation. They also discussed strategies for achieving cross-agency collaboration to better ensure that implementation of service delivery across systems results in competitive, integrated employment outcomes for youth and adults with disabilities. The presenters discussed strategies in Maryland that are moving WIOA state planning to implementation of approaches that improve cross-system collaboration to support employment goals of job seekers with disabilities.
The LEAD Center is preparing to present at a number of conferences in 2017. We invite you to visit us at the following conferences:
- National Association of Workforce Boards (NAWB) Annual Forum (March 25-28; Washington, DC)
- National Association of Workforce Development Professionals (NAWDP) Annual Conference (May 21-24, 2017; New Orleans, LA)
- The 2017 Association of People Supporting Employment First (APSE) Conference (June 19-21, 2017; Portland, OR)
- The 2017 Annual Conference on Independent Living (July 24-27, 2017; Washington, DC)
- National Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) Conference (August 27-31, 2017; Baltimore, MD)